Job Title: Accountant
FLSA Status: Exempt
Report: Accounting Manager
Job Description Summary:
The position is responsible for all aspects of the company’s core accounting, accounts payable, and sales tax functions.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Maintain the general ledger and supporting records to facilitate accurate and timely reporting, closing and production of monthly financial statements.
• Oversee and manage general ledger close process on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis.
• Prepare and analyze monthly financial statement
• Reconcile and maintain balance sheet accounts and resolve any discrepancy
• Direct and lead the year end CPA review. Ensured accuracy of financial statement in accordance with GAAP and the compliance of internal policy.
• Comply with multi-states sales and use tax laws and prepare monthly or quarterly sales and use tax return and payment
• Supervise AP process and investigate and resolve any issues that related to AP
• Assist in the creation and implementation of accounting procedures, internal control and provide input in other related areas. Ensure adherence to these procedures
• Ensure compliance with the employer payroll tax, workers’ compensation, sales & use tax reporting requirements and manage all audits.
• Ensure compliance with all requirement and policies for federal, state and local government or agencies in a timely manner
• Prepare annual 1099 forms for independent contractors
• Assist CEO on special projects and other duties
• Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft office applications including Word and Excel.
• Experience in a manufacturing environment strongly recommended.
• Positive attitude and excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Must be well organized, detail oriented, and work well in groups.
• Minimum 3 years of experience in managing AP, preparing and reviewing general ledgers and the month-end/ year-end close process
• Must be able to effectively handle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
Email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org