Department: Finishing Manager
Reports to: VP of Operations
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
As a family-owned company, PALECEK values integrity, loyalty and strong partnerships. We are driven to improve, innovate, and inspire. We bring our personal best to every aspect of our business, from our design and craft to our internal teamwork and customer service. We are passionate about creativity and believe that beautiful spaces enhance the quality of life.
Job Description Summary:
The Finishing Manager will be managing the production in all phases of finishing products which include appropriate finish, mixing custom colors, sanding, and staining ensuring components are completed in a timely manner, with specific attention to quality, productivity requirements, and safety.
- Manage production, a team of 20 people and work schedules.
- Hiring, training, managing, and disciplining all production personnel.
- Monitor work flow to ensure all jobs progress through finishing (sanding, spraying, QC, closing orders) are completed in a timely manner.
- Oversee finishing operation, maintaining consistent appearance from batch to batch.
- Manage inventory needed to meet production schedules
- Perform quality assurance inspections and safety audits.
- Promote a “team building” approach and be an integral part of the team.
- Develop stain and finishing techniques to match colors and appearance of flooring samples.
- Receive custom orders from production manager and follow directions to produce specific finishes.
- Recognize wood species characteristics to select appropriate stain, sealer, top coat, etc.
- Create formulas for custom paints, stains and finishes for projects that require eye matched finishes; document formulas according to company
- Oversee maintenance of finish equipment for application including but not limited to pneumatic spray guns, and airless pumps.
- Assure properly dispose of waste material after completing work assignments according to company policy and safety standards.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Applicant must have at least 5 years’ experience as finisher (stains, sealants, paints) with the proven ability to interpret material specifications and
design/engineering concepts to ensure finished product meets the project requirements.
- Problem solving skills and high attention to detail are required.
- Prior management experience
- Bilingual preferred (English/Spanish)
- Detail oriented, highly organized, and committed to superior quality
- Proactive individual that takes responsibility for their areas of responsibility and the continuous improvement of the operation.
- Able to work in a team environment where honest communication, a positive attitude, engagement, and improvement of the operation
- Understands, implements, and interprets KPI’s to measure success
- Health and Dental Insurance
- Profit Sharing
- Company Paid Holidays
- Excellent compensation package for the qualified candidate
Email previous experiences and kind of tools and machinery used and contact number and best time to call. email@example.com or fax resume to (510) 233-0029
or you may mail your resume to:
Attn: Human Resources
601 Parr Boulevard
Richmond, CA 94801