Job Tittle: Finishing Manager
Full Time: Non-exempt
Job Description Summary:
The Finishing Manager will be managing the production in all phases of finishing products which include appropriate finish, mixing custom colors, sanding, and staining ensuring components are completed in a timely manner, with specific attention to quality, productivity requirements, and safety.
- • Manage production, a team of 20 people and work schedules.
- • Hiring, training, managing, and disciplining all production personnel.
- • Monitor work flow to ensure all jobs progress through finishing (sanding, spraying, QC, closing orders) are completed in a timely manner.
- • Oversee finishing operation, maintaining consistent appearance from batch to batch.
- • Manage inventory needed to meet production schedules.
- • Perform quality assurance inspections and safety audits.
- • Promote a “team building” approach and be an integral part of the team.
- • Develop stain and finishing techniques to match colors and appearance of flooring samples.
- • Receive custom orders from production manager and follow directions to produce specific finishes.
- • Recognize wood species characteristics to select appropriate stain, sealer, top coat, etc.
- • Create formulas for custom paints, stains and finishes for projects that require eye matched finishes; document formulas according to company specifications.
- • Oversee maintenance of finish equipment for application including but not limited to pneumatic spray guns, and airless pumps.
- • Assure properly dispose of waste material after completing work assignments according to company policy and safety standards.
- • Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- • Applicant must have at least 5 years’ experience as finisher (stains, sealants, paints) with the proven ability to interpret material specifications and design/engineering concepts to ensure finished product meets the project requirements.
- • Problem solving skills and high attention to detail are required.
- • Prior management experience
- • Bilingual preferred (English/Spanish)
- • Detail oriented, highly organized, and committed to superior quality
- • Proactive individual that takes responsibility for their areas of responsibility and the continuous improvement of the operation.
- • Able to work in a team environment where honest communication, a positive attitude, engagement, and improvement of the operation.
- • Understands, implements, and interprets KPI’s to measure success
- • Full time position
- • Health Benefits
- • 401K
- • Paid holidays begin after 30 days
- • Vacation accrual begins after 30 days
- • Excellent compensation package for the qualified candidate
Email previous experiences and kind of tools and machinery used and contact number and best time to call. email@example.com or fax resume to (510) 233-0029 or you may mail your resume to
Attn: Human Resources
601 Parr Boulevard
Richmond, CA 94801