Loader – Warehouse
Department: Shipping Department
Full Time – Non Exempt
Job Description Summary:The Warehouse Loader is responsible for assisting in all outbound shipments and warehouse activities including, but not limited to, loading, palletizing, repackaging, and inventory.
This labor-intensive position is responsible for loading transport, bulk, and route trucks. Each type of loading requires strict attention to order accuracy with respect to loading outgoing trucks.
Position is responsible for accuracy in loading and complying with shipper/receiver documentation. Follows warehouse instructions in building loads. Maintains a clean and safe work environment.
Transport truck loading involves moving boxes and or full pallets of products from the warehouse onto a trailer. Position is responsible for maintaining the stability of the pallet through proper stacking and shrink-wrapping.
Product/packages for each truck are customized based on the salespersons order.
Position requires lifting a very high volume of cases of product per day from 20-45 pounds per case repeatedly during a long work period. Requires constant standing, walking, bending, twisting, squatting reaching and grasping as product is moved.
• Drive pallet jack / forklift to picking area and build pallet/load according to load sheet.
• Wrap pallet when pallet/load is finished
• Turn in paperwork with order for check before loading and have truck checked
• Stage boxes or pallet and/or load into truck when ready
• Maintain proper housekeeping standards in work area
• Regular, reliable, predictable attendance
• Previous experience in a warehouse: 2 years (Required)
• Attention to detail and ability to self-inspect work to ensure minimal quality defects.
• We are looking for an individual who has an eye for quality and is willing to learn.
• Must be dependable and have excellent attendance.
• Ability to drive a forklift or a picker
• Ability to work well with others
• Exhibits the extreme importance of being safe and careful while performing job duties..
• Spanish a plus
Email previous experiences and kind of tools and machinery used and contact number and best time to call. firstname.lastname@example.org or fax resume to (510) 233-0029 or you may mail your resume to:
Attn: Human Resources
601 Parr Boulevard
Richmond, CA 94801
Responsible for the expedient and accurate handling of merchandise and recycling around warehouse facility. General warehouse duties occur within the assigned area of warehouse operations, but position supports all areas of the warehouse as needed