Reports To: Upholstery
Department: VP of Operation
FLSA Status: Full Time/Non-Exempt
As a family-owned company, PALECEK values integrity, loyalty and strong partnerships. We are driven to improve, innovate, and inspire. We bring our personal best to every aspect of our business, from our design and craft to our internal teamwork and customer service. We are passionate about creativity and believe that beautiful spaces enhance the quality of life.
Job Description Summary:
- • Scheduling all production to meet customer requirements.
- • Hiring, training, managing, and disciplining all production personnel.
- • Ensuring that sufficient raw material, tools, and supplies are on hand to complete the production process.
- • Maintaining and repairing the necessary equipment to ensure uninterrupted production capacity.
- • Perform the function as one of the company’s safety ambassadors/officers.
- • Manage Upholstery, Sewing, Cutting, COM Teams (46 people)
- • Keeps the Director of Operations apprised of activities in the production area.
- • Operates the company’s production within budgetary guidelines
- • Schedules Upholstery production and supervises or performs the required work to meet all work order commitments on time, and to customer and company specifications and quality control standards.
- • Coordinates all cutting, fabrication, fitting, assembly, finishing, and QC efforts to ensure timely project completion.
- • Submits accurate and timely reports documenting production activities to the Director of Operations including scheduling of both product builds and employees.
- • Supervises the cleaning and maintenance of production area equipment and tooling.
- • Supervises production personnel to keep production areas clean and free of debris and the shop organized.
- • Ensures the security and protection of all raw material, work in process, and finished goods inventory.
- • Prepares an effective and relevant position description or duty and task list for every production employee and submits to the Director of Operations for approval.
- • Interviews prospective candidates to fill production positions with qualified personnel. Reviews short list of qualified candidates with the Director of Operations for final approval and compensation.
- • Required: Four years’ experience in an industrial production environment, preferably in the furniture industry, three years of which must be in supervisory capacity.
- • Preferred: Six years’ experience in a furniture production environment with three years supervisory experience
- • Required: Experience with Lean Manufacturing or equivalent continued improvement programs.
- • Problem solving skills and high attention to detail are required
- • Understands, implements, and interprets KPI’s to measure success
- • Ability to guide, direct, and coordinate an industrial production facility with 30 or more production employees
- • Ability to effectively match customer requirements and timeliness with production capacity.
- • Must be able to manage all necessary production steps in cutting, sewing, upholstering and assembling the company’s products
- • Ability to forecast raw material requirements in conjunction with customer demand and communicate it to the Purchasing Supervisor.
- • Ability to analyze product quality and ensure customer satisfaction.
- • Ability to effectively communicate, in English, both verbally and in writing.
- • AS400 / Excel
- • Health and Dental Benefits
- • 401K
- • Profit Sharing
- • Company Paid holidays
- • PTO
The function of the Production Manager is to plan, organize, monitor, manage, and control the Upholstery Department production capabilities and to meet company demand including the following:
The Production Manager reports to the Director of Operations. The following report directly to the Production Manager: Upholstery Floor Supervisor, Sewing and Cutting Floor Supervisor, COM Team.
Excellent compensation package for the qualified candidate Email previous experiences and kind of tools and machinery used and contact number and best time to call. email@example.com or fax to (510) 233-0029 or you may mail your resume to:
Attn: Human Resources
601 Parr Boulevard
Richmond, CA 94801