Product Development Sample Coordinator (Home Furnishings)
Department: Director of Product Design
Reports to: Product Development
Job Type: Full-Time
As a family-owned company, PALECEK values integrity, loyalty and strong partnerships. We are driven to improve, innovate and inspire. We bring our personal best to every aspect of our business, from our design and craft, to our internal teamwork and customer service. We are passionate about creativity and believe beautiful spaces enhance the
quality of life.
Position will work as administrative support to the Director of Product Design, Director of Lighting and Accessories, and Chief Creative Officer.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for all aspects of administrative support to establish the design concepts, execute sample development, specification sheet documentation, and initial product order.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- • Creation of Palecek sample requests (PSR) as directed by design team.
- • Logging sample production status and sample tracking and delivery via the Grovesite PLM system.
- • Manage swatch library and process approval swatches.
- • Execute upholstery development in conjunction with design team and our Upholstery Department on new product development specifications, and follow up on in-house production.
- • Execute lighting development in conjunction with design team and our Lamp Department on new product development specifications, and follow on in-house production.
- • Execute finish development in conjunction with design team and our Finish Department on new product development specifications, and follow up on in-house production.
- • Mange product sample program, coordinating with Product Development.
- • Set up Merchandise review meetings to present product to the executive team.
- • Communicate sample revisions with overseas office and vendors.
- • Work in conjunction with the design/creative team to analyze and manage the product development life cycle from preplanning to introduction.
- • Review and approval of initial specification sheets from overseas vendors ensuring vital measurements and packaging specs are well defined and executed.
- • Responsible for accurate database information pertaining to product.
- • Work closely with the design team to develop plans for quarterly product development and product conceptualization, in-line with the corporate calendar and corporate goals
- • Responsible for expedition of PD product samples, including tracking, vendor costing, and specification sheets.
- • Coordination of on-time delivery of showroom samples and initial inventory orders in conjunction with Product coordinator
- • Quality control check and approval on initial inventory shipments.
- • Create cushion production requests, transfer product, and follow up on status to meet target completion dates.
- • Target pricing and negotiations with vendors.
- • Responsible for coordinating maintenance of the PD furniture areas of the sample warehouse.
- • Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
- • Must be detail oriented, with excellent communication and organization skills, fluent in written and spoken English and able to enter transactions with a high degree of accuracy.
- • Experience in Photoshop, AS400 system, Excel, MS Word,
- • Industry experience a plus.
- • Experience in natural materials, specifically furniture, lighting, and home accessories a plus.
- • Health and Dental Benefits
- • 401K
- • Profit Sharing
Work closely with Product Design, Purchasing, Marketing, Quality Control, Warehouse, Upholstery, Lamp Department, Finishing Department, and Accounting.
Salary depends on experience.
Please email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org