Quality Assurance Manager
Reports to: Director of Operations
Status: Full-Time/ Non Exempt
As a family-owned company, PALECEK values integrity, loyalty and strong partnerships. We are driven to improve, innovate, and inspire. We bring our personal best to every aspect of our business, from our design and craft to our internal teamwork and customer service. We are passionate about creativity and believe that beautiful spaces enhance the quality of life.
The Quality Assurance Manager will be responsible to lead, manage, communicate and execute product quality standards for the PALECEK brand. This position requires extensive knowledge in process management, excellent written and verbal communication, strong management and leadership skills, extensive product construction knowledge of furniture, lighting, and home accessories. The Quality Assurance Manager will collaborate extensively with PALECEK’s overseas office, product development, marketing, merchandising, operations, and purchasing departments. The Quality Assurance Manager reports to the Director of Operations.
Major areas of responsibility:
- • Manage a team of inspectors to complete in-house inspections of product coming from overseas with measurable goals of output and accuracy.
- • Prepare and send Quality Inspection Reports on issues where there are quality, damage, or specification discrepancies.
- • Manage the Corrective Action Plans from suppliers and keep track of when improved product is shipping.
- • Communicate issues with the Sales and Inventory teams when product arrives that is not first quality and present recaps to be used for chargebacks.
- • Review, analyze, and translate inspection data as well as customer claims to identify trends and recommend improvement plans that drive positive results.
- • Ensure PALECEK specification sheets and swatches are accurately maintained, and overseas production matches or exceeds specification standards.
- • Complete supplier chargeback claims in a timely manner and ensure improvement, compliance, and account reconciliation.
- • Cultivate cross functional relationships with internal teams such as Operations, Purchasing, Marketing, IT, Customer Service, Overseas Office, and with external partners such as international and domestic suppliers.
- • Lead, direct and develop your team members in the Quality Control department by providing clear objectives, consistent performance feedback, and career development coaching.
- • Pursue continued quality improvement across all facets of the company.
- • Assist other departments as needed and incorporate 5S disciplines.
- • Other duties as assigned.
- Extensive knowledge of furniture, lighting and home accessory construction, details, and manufacturing.
- Quality Assurance, reporting, and trend analysis experience.
- Proven team management experience.
- Ability to set and achieve department and personal KPI.
- Ability to succeed without close supervision while ensuring senior management is well informed on projects and performance.
- Ability to deal with creative ambiguity.
- Ability to pursue goals with purpose and sense of urgency.
- Able to translate SKU or collection data into actionable insights and strategy.
- Communicate effectively with associates at all levels, including production teams, overseas vendors, and key external customers or partners.
- Able to work through complex disagreements and conflicts to achieve resolution resulting in trust and company focus.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite including MS Word, advanced Excel use, and Outlook a must.
- Experience in AS400 system a plus.