Hospitality Furniture Product Development Manager
Department: Product Development Department
Reports to: Director of Product Development
Job Type: Full-Time
Would you like to be a part of a rapidly growing, dynamic company with opportunity for professional growth? We are seeking a performance, process, and solution driven professional to be responsible for hospitality product development. This individual will collaborate cross-functionally with other departments and overseas factories to deliver products that exceed expectations.
As a family-owned company, PALECEK values integrity, loyalty and strong partnerships. We are driven to improve, innovate and inspire. We bring our personal best to every aspect of our business, from our design and craft to our internal teamwork and customer service. We are passionate about creativity and believe beautiful spaces enhance the quality of life.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review, analyze and manage hospitality product development projects from concept to delivery.
- Communicate effectively with factories in order to provide correct and timely information for the customer including costs, shop drawings, swatches and
- Review and ensure drawings, swatches and samples are made correctly and that product specification sheets are complete and accurate.
- Review and document samples in detail ensuring all modifications are recorded and communicated with the factory.
- Create and maintain items in the AS400.
- Create production requests and coordinate with other departments to ensure samples requiring in-house production are made correctly and on time.
- Communicate with the factory to ensure correct and top quality custom items are produced and shipped on time.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or 2+ years professional work experience required.
- Experience with furniture product development.
- Highly motivated individual with a strong work ethic.
- Exceptional inter-personal and communication skills, intelligent, a team player.
- A creative thinker who also has strong organizational skills.
- Attention to detail and excellent follow up skills a must.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks in a deadline driven environment
- Ability to succeed without close supervision while ensuring senior management is well informed on projects and performance.
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel and Outlook a must.
- Ability to use Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator or Auto Cad a plus.
- Medical and Dental Insurance
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Flex Spending Account (FSA)
- Company Paid Holidays
- Profit Sharing