Credit / Collection Analyst
Reports To: Credit Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Job Type: Full Time
As a family-owned company, PALECEK values integrity, loyalty, and strong partnerships. We are driven to improve, innovate, and inspire. We bring our personal best to every aspect of our business, from our design and craft to our internal teamwork and customer service. We are passionate about creativity and believe that beautiful spaces enhance the quality of life.
Under direct supervision of department manager, this role will handle all aspects of credit and collections for assigned accounts, request payment and/or resolve discrepancies by phone, email and rep contact. Make decisions on placement of past due accounts with collection agencies. Maintain appropriate follow up to phone calls and written correspondence to ensure that the department meets DSO goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Maintain a significant collection territory including key accounts
• Collection calls within prescribed policy and procedures
• Negotiate payment plans with customers
• Maintain a positive, helpful professional attitude when dealing with customers, reps and other departments
• Print update aging reports, hold lists as needed
• Enter adjustments to assigned accounts as required
• Reconcile customer accounts using system tools at customer request
• Maintain and enter all customer communication and follow-up appropriately until payment is received
• Process credit applications for new assigned accounts, updates and increase credit limit requests within 7-10 days, create and file documentation
• Act as backup for cash application
• General department support as directed by manager
5years experience in credit and collections. Team oriented with strong work ethic and attention to detail. Must have excellent written and oral communication skills. Must be proficient in Microsoft Office and ability to learn AS400.
Operates in a professional office environment.
Moderate noise (i.e. business office with computers, phone, and printers, light traffic).
Ability to work in a confined area.
Ability to sit at a desk for an extended period of time.
Frequent work in a functioning warehouse environment.
Regularly required to, stand, sit; talk, hear, and use hands and fingers to operate a computer and telephone keyboard.
Close vision requirements due to computer work
Light to moderate lifting
Regular, predictable attendance is required; including hours as business demands dictate.