New York Assistant Showroom Manager
We are expanding and seeking an experienced and energetic assistant manager for our busy NYDC showroom. The assistant manager is responsible for driving sales, acquiring new clients, as well as supporting all day-to-day operations of the showroom, including sales, marketing, and customer service. Our ideal candidate is a self-starter with a desire to succeed.
This position includes many different evolving tasks, not limited to:
• Interfacing with clients in the showroom in a courteous and knowledgeable manner.
• Providing excellent customer service to clients via phone and email in a fast-paced environment.
• Manage orders from start to finish; assisting with sales quotes, order entry and follow-up.
• Achieve high levels of sales performance and results: meet sales goal-.
• Assisting with client inquiries and product sample requests.
• Liaising with corporate customer service department to provide order updates, lead times, and answer general information in response to customer inquiries.
• Support and assist with special showroom events and assist in trade shows when needed; some travel may be required.
• Effectively mitigate client complaints.
• Generate and maintain relationships with clients to improve sales.
• Updating and upholding merchandising and showroom standards.
• Maintaining and organizing sample library.
The ideal candidate will be polished with a professional image and positive attitude; articulate and intelligent, extremely organized, detail oriented, efficient and able to work in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment. The assistant showroom manager will need to demonstrate a high degree of professionalism and be self-motivating.
• To-the-trade or luxury experience a must.
• Impeccable phone manner and written and verbal communication skills.
• Proactive with the ability to prioritize tasks and problem solve with exceptional time management skills.
• Communicate clearly in a concise, understandable manner, and listen attentively to others.
• Strong computer (MS Office and Outlook) and administrative skills; AS400 is a plus.
• Excellent communication skills; both written and verbal with attention to detail
• Must be physically able to lift and move furniture when necessary.
About Our Company
We have a supportive environment that values trust and respect. We offer competitive wages and benefit packages.